Add variety to your menu with this zingy smoothie.
- 1 Banana
- frozen bananas work best (be sure to peel before freezing)
- 1 thumb fresh Ginger
- 1 Small Zucchini
- 1 tbsp Bee Pollen
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 1/2 cup H20
Blend and enjoy.
You can add unflavored protein powder for an extra boost.
- We used a Vitamix knock-off, the Amibano from Aldi. It did the trick, but I still prefer the Vitamix.
- Any knife will due to chop ginger and zucchini
Ginger can help reduce nausea & morning sickness, help calm an upset tummy, reduce inflammation, relieve cold symptoms, assist in muscle recovery. Not to mention it adds a nice zingy flavor to smoothies and meals.
Bee pollen is in vitamins and minerals, help in relieving pain, and has been found to reduce allergies. For allergy relief be sure to find a bee pollen, we buy ours at Webbs; local bee pollen consumption can help build tolerance for increase in pollen in air leading to fewer allergy symptoms.
Healthy eating can be fun and delicious. Use fresh, whole food ingredient and allow your creative side to sprout in the kitchen.
- Close your eyes
- Take a deep inhale & exhale
- Moment of Gratitude. Take the time to have gratitude for your food. A mantra is helpful, such as “I am blessed. I am grateful. Thank you for this meal.”, can be said silently or outloud, or any phrase which helps you connect to a place of gratitude and peace with your meal.
- Turn all your attention to your meal. Let go of as many distractions as possible. Focus your attention on the meal in front of you. This will allow you to savor your meal. It will also slow you down and be able to listen to when you’re full.
- A lot of overeating happens from eating too quickly, which does not give our bodies time to send the signal to our brains that we’ve had enough.
- When possible, set aside an extra 5 minutes to sit quietly, breathe, and relax.
You may be thinking you don’t have time but slowing down for just a few minutes can leave you feeling energized and better prepared to tackle the challenges in front of you.