- Please turn off or completely silence cell phones (please do not leave your phone on vibrate).
- Please refrain from wearing perfume or cologne.
- All instruction is a suggestion; nothing, except for breathing 🙂 is mandatory. Rest is always an option.
- Please Arrive a few minutes prior to the start of class to allow plenty of time to check-in.
- Every student is required to sign in at the front desk.
- Remove shoes prior to entering the studio classroom
- At the close of the class, please replace all props to the place and presentation in which you found them.
- Wipe down studio mats prior to putting away, cleaner is provided.
New Students are required to sign a waiver prior to participating in their first class. There are three options to fill out a New Student Waiver.
- The waiver can be filled out and "submitted" online, by clicking here
- A PDF version of our waiver is available here for you to print, fill out and bring with you prior to coming into the studio.
- Printed copies of the waiver are available in the studio. If you need to fill out a waiver in the studio prior to your first class, please arrive a few minutes early.
What to Bring for Yoga Class
- Comfortable, non-restrictive workout clothing.
- A water bottle and towel for heated and more active classes (bottle water is also available on premise) or you may bring your own bottle to fill.
- If you need to change before or after class, restrooms are available that may be used as a changing space.
- Props such as blocks, blankets and straps are available in the studio if needed; you are welcome to bring your own.
- Yoga Mats are available to use for any class, or you are welcome to bring your own. Yoga mats are also available to be purchased – ask our staff for details).
The most important thing to bring is yourself — to just show up and give yourself the gift of time spent strengthening and cleansing the body/mind while connecting with your entire being.
Special Conditions & Injuries
Anyone with serious medical conditions or injuries should consult a doctor prior to participating in any physical activity or other fitness class.
EYL classes offer a wonderfully therapeutic practice and we encourage you to listen to your body, taking the appropriate modifications.
The practice should not hurt. It is your responsibility to inform the instructor if you are pregnant or have any injuries prior to the start of class.
Young Student Policy
Any student under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian’s signature on the waiver.
Our classes are designed for students 16 years of age and older, unless otherwise noted on class schedule.
** Minors may not sit in the reception area while the parent or guardian takes a class. We do not have anyone authorized to supervise minors.**
Empower Yoga Studio will not be responsible for lost or stolen items under any circumstances.
We please ask you to refrain from bringing valuables into the studio.
See staff for lost & found items. Please check on lost items promptly. Items remaining after 2 weeks will be discarded or donated.